Thursday 18 July 2013

Homemade Speaker Stands

Quite some time ago I bought a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 685s, and recently I decided to build some small speaker stands to put them on.






The top and bottom are made from 25 mm MDF, and the centre column is made from 3" schedule 40 PVC tube. There is an aluminium disk to strengthen the MDF where it attaches to the tube, and it is all held together by six M3 countersunk screws that tap directly into the walls of the PVC tube.

The central tube is filled with sand, to give the stands some weight, and to dampen vibrations from the speakers.

I sprayed the MDF with several coats of grey primer, sanding it down between coats. I then painted it with satin black spray paint. Finally I sprayed the PVC tubes with a few coats of gloss black lacquer.


Here is the aluminium disk in more detail:


2 comments:

  1. nice! do you make these for sale? I have the B&W HTM71 S2 GLOSS BLACK CENTER speaker but cannot find a stand for this (40lb.) center channel speaker. Any help is appreciated! The ideal height for my room is 20-21" high. You know your product dimensions I'm sure. Pls, let me know, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody essentially lend a hand to make severely posts I might state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and up to now? I amazed with the research you made to make this actual publish amazing. Wonderful activity! audionic speakers price

    ReplyDelete